Our newest Island Mist is SO good!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
OMGosh the Peach Raspberry Sangria is to die for. We bottled today and then ordered another kit! We did add 4 lbs of sugar upfront and the entire f-pack at the back end. OG was 1.085 FG .99 with f-pak 1.010.

We cannot wait to share this in a few months with family and friends. We are sure it will be one of their very favorites too.

Sister and niece from MI will be here in mid-November and take some home to other family members.

Sammy, I know you make lots of kits, what do you think your favorite fruit wine, not from a kit is...Just curious...you make a bunch of stuff.

Sammy, I make the Peach, Apricot Chardonnay, I add sugar and about 20% of the F-Pac upfront. It is very good. My grown kids and son-in-law said if I make it year round they would drink it. LOL, bakervinyard

bakervinyard THEN you need to try this kit! We loved the Coconut Frascati, and this one will tie with it with our family and friends!

jamesngalveston Hands down the fresh fruit best is the peach from 2012; only 2 bottles left now. ☹ Don't know about 2013 because it is still in secondaries.
Blueberry fresh fruit is a close second from 2011. Still waiting to open 2012. Have not started 2013 yet but will soon, berries are still in the freezer
Cranberry Pomegranate and Cranberry Blueberry is one we and others like. We were light on fruit with both so we added concentrate juice from homewinery.com.

Another that came out not so good was Concord, we opened them and add Cranberry concentrate and completely turned it around thanks to Julie's help.

Yah we made a lot of wine but now we have MANY wines to chose from in the cellar. Most of 2011 and 2012 we had 2 primaries going almost constantly. Kind of jumped in with both feet but then we drank skeeter pee (yuck) and Mist type kits so we had something to drink while the other wines had time to age.

OMGosh the Peach Raspberry Sangria is to die for.

That is one of the wines I am giving for Christmas this year along with the white sangria. I couldn't get the CranApple Chard that I gave last year. This will be the 3rd time I have made this. We love it.

Oooh! I've had my eye on this one - thinking about it for Christmas prezzies for the in-laws. Looks like it's time to order one up :)

This is the first kit that I made --- It is in clearing stage right now and will soon be ready to bottle. Hope my wife finds it as good as you do (it was the kit she wanted me to try ....)

Latest posts

Back