Old Vine Zinfandel Label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joea132

Reaction score
I created my first label since I partnered with a friend from work. We made a California OVZ last year and bottled it last week. We chose the name "2 Fat Firemen" as a catchy and comical label name. We ended up splitting the batch 3 ways and leaving one part unoaked, and the other 2 parts aged with French and American Oak cubes respectively. We tasted and blended them back together and ended up with 4 different kinds,: unoaked, American oak, French oak, and an oak blend. I made the main part of the label for all of them and I made a seperate label for the kind of oak. So without further adieu...

Fire helmet shields typically have your unit number (Truck 1 or Engine 5) as the number in the middle in a career department. Our department puts our badge number in the middle. The bottom text part on a shield usually has the city or town that you work for in it. I thought it would be interesting to toy with the traditional shield and make it our label this year.

Main Label Final.jpg

Last edited:
Nice label, wish I was that talented on a computer. My son makes my labels. I can't even upload them for everybody to see them. Again nice job.

Looks great! Are you gonna add a year, ABV etc. to the label?

No, I'm leaving this label minimalist for now. Next year I'm really stepping up my game on the labels. I gave away a ton already without labels to close friend so the rest is for me to drink or to have for entertaining!

Latest posts

Back