Offered a job as a winemaker, but at a price...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic! What type apple(s) were used? ABV?

Cheers!

I don't recall the blend. It is a custom concentrate made for a near by cidery that we bought from. We don't grow enough apples locally to harvest and press, sadly.

We did grow our own pumpkins for this though

The ABV will be 6.8%

Last edited:
Well, it looks like everyday is going to be quite different from my previous desk job. Had to remove this young peppy Western diamondback from the tasting patio today .

I can already admit, despite the cut in pay, I am starting to enjoy work and life more

PXL_20231010_204240302.jpg

Well, it looks like everyday is going to be quite different from my previous desk job. Had to remove this young peppy Western diamondback from the tasting patio today .

I can already admit, despite the cut in pay, I am starting to enjoy work and life more

View attachment 106463
Wrangling poisonous reptiles beats paperwork any day of the week!

Last edited:
Certain days working here can be really breathtaking.

Enjoying a morning cup of coffee and a few minutes to gaze at A small herd of American pronghorn in the BLM wildlife preserve literally at our back fence:

PXL_20240108_154920693.jpg

.... And the history of this area area is something to behold. Went hiking with a buddy who's an archaeologist in the adjacent mountain range which is inundated with ancient caves. Several of them show habitation from pre Clovis people's... Arrowheads have been dated back to between 21 and 23,000 years old. In one of the caves they even found the femur of a giant sloth that had fallen in and died. The mountains aren't much to look at now because they are so eroded and ancient. At one point, this entire area used to be completely underwater and part of a delta that drained into the Gulf of Baja:

PXL_20240108_155315413.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Certain days working here can be really breathtaking.

Enjoying a morning cup of coffee and a few minutes to gaze at A small herd of American pronghorn in the BLM wildlife preserve literally at our back fence:

View attachment 109120

.... And the history of this area area is something to behold. Went hiking with a buddy who's an archaeologist in the adjacent mountain range which is inundated with ancient caves. Several of them show habitation from pre Clovis people's... Arrowheads have been dated back to between 21 and 23,000 years old. In one of the caves they even found the femur of a giant sloth that had fallen in and died. The mountains aren't much to look at now because they are so eroded and ancient. At one point, this entire area used to be completely underwater and part of a delta that drained Gulf of Baja:

View attachment 109121

Where are you located?

Back