RJ Spagnols OB Mango Mint Chenin Blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepbabe

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying the OB Mango Mint Chenin Blanc kit and was interested if anyone has made this kit and if so how did it turn out? It looks like it would be a nice summer wine to sip during the southern heat. I love mint juleps so the mint caught my interest.

http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=14892

Anybody have any reviews?
smiley24.gif

My wife made this, bottled about two weeks ago. The taste I had at the time it was very good! Full Mango Fruit flavor and followed with a fresh mint aftertaste.You likemint julips, I believe you would be happy with this one.

Thank you JWMINNESOTA for your reply! I LOVE mint (mojitos, mint juleps) and have been interested in this kit but didn't find much info about it on the forum. I plan on adding some sugar so it would be about 10% alcohol. I ordered this kit today and the Black Cherry Pinot Noir so it would have a fermentation buddy!
smiley36.gif

I recently got started a few weeks ago and have the Banana Pineapple and Peach Chardonnay going. I am racking those tomorrow. I wanted to gain some experience by making the quick wines before moving on to the bigger kits...not to mention so I can have something to drink right away!

Thanks again for your help. I can't wait to be sipping on my wines this summer!
smiley17.gif

The Cherry PN makes a wonderful early drinking wine. Give it two to three months and it tastes great. It gets even better for up to a year and then starts going past quickly. One solution to that- just drink it before then!

Back