Mosti Mondiale Oak or not? Renaissance Australian Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiat84

Reaction score
Any feedback on the oaking level of the Renaissance Australian Chardonnay? Am debating whether to add all the oak, half, or no oak? Looking for a hint of oaking level similar to the very nice one year old Vinifera Noble Chardonnay kit. Would like to have the versatility to optionally cook with it if the oaking level is low enough as no one likes a 2x4 flavored risotto. Is the oak truly required to make this the best tasting Chardonnay possible compared to unoaked? Kit has two light oak chip packages 90g+30g=120g total. Seem to remember the VN Chard having either 30g or 60g oak.

A great tasting extremely smooth, mellow 3 month old red is the Vinifera Noble Bourg Royal Red(Burgandy). Yet its hard to describe the flavors as its without any real spice, fruit, or smoke flavors. Much better at 3 months than the merely OK VN Merlot which needs more aging. </span>

I added all the oak in mine. I would add it all. Hardly notice it and I am not a huge oak fan.

Back