Nice Forum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodTurner

Reaction score
Greetings all. I was sent here by afireguy as we are into wine making. I got him started on that. Looks like a great place to share experiences and try something new. I'll try to find a pic worth posting later.

BTW, I live in DFW near White Rock Lake. Hope to run into some ya'll down the line. JJ

Welcome to the forum JJ,

Lots of people in the Dallas area. I don't undstand why there aren't any in the Houston area as huge as it is.

We love to see pictures and tell us wines you are making!!

Ramona in Houston.

Welcome Woodturner, I am a woodworker by trade and wine maker so we have a lot in common. What do you turn primarily? I build custom stairs and you probably turn a lot of balusters and newel posts right? Glad to have you on the forum.

Greetings and thanks for the replies. Been wine making for about 5 or 6 years now. Was a member of another forum that eventually shut down or something with Yahoo so I'm here.

Still haven't got any photos, but will post in time. Yea, I like to work with wood and do some turning. I just won a ribbon at this years State Fair with a 90 piece segmented platter with some silver inlay. I've made wooden goblets and drinkable wine glasses from local woods. Those are popular with my friends. Haven't done balusters yet, but anything is fair game for a price.

Favorite wines are Ports, homebrew blackberry and peach and sangrias. Always have something in the vat and many bottled up to share with friends.

Hey woodturner.........need a new friend?
smiley4.gif

Welcome to the forum !!!Edited by: Waldo

I have to agree with woodturner that this is a nice forum and I wish I lived closer to participate in some of George's fun activities as his store and have a chance to meet some of you....but I'm in Idaho and my trips to DFW area are few and far between business trips. But, if I'm ever back I'll be getting directions to the store.

Welcome Woodturner and Laneygirl,

Hope you enjoy this form. All good folk here.

Welcome WT! This is agreat forum. Lots of help and fun here. Very
little help with this hobby's addiction though, these guys feed it!

And another thing, watch out for offers to taste your wines. There will be way too many ready to help.......
smiley2.gif

Welcome. Hope to meet up with you at the next Winestock.

Woodturner, welcome to the place of fun and always welcomed advice.
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back