newbie starter kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Premedwine

Junior
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just a quick question. I'm brand new to the hobby and want to purchase a starter kit for fruit wine making. I found one from homebrewersoutpost.com. Is this the route I should take to get started. Any suggestions are welcome. thanks

If that is a basic equiptment kit, it should come with all you need to make some wine. You will also need whichever fruit kit you choose to make the flavor of wine you want. The equiptment kit will get you started but you will find if you keep going you will want more as time goes on. Good luck with it, Arne.

I suggest the basic kit also. I found it helpful to make wine from a cheap win kit (say from amazo) first to get an idea of the process

As a rookie I also suggest going with a white or something that's tastable/drinkable fairly quickly. 3, 6 or 12 months of waiting time might as well be forever on that first batch.
Mike

You mite start your first kit and while waiting on the primary ferment read up of skeeter pee. Try Lon's website skeeterpee.com and there is a page on here about skeeter pee. Anyway, use the lees from your first batch, make the s.p. and you will have something done in a reasonable amount of time that you can sip on. That way you mite be able to kind of leave the kit alone. Maybe. LOL, Arne.

Back