Mosti Mondiale New Mosti FreshJuice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffpwright

Junior
Reaction score
I just got my Mosti FreshJuice pails in today. I wanted to start this thread to get input and feedback from any others who are doing the FJ as well. I opened mine (about 8:30 pm) and they were already fizzing away - in fact the SG reading seemed very low so I am guessing some of the fermentation work has already been done. They smell great. Anyone get any readings on the SG I could compare to or just use? I am doing the Montepulciano and the Nero d'Avola.
Jeff

smiley11.gif
Edited by: dfwwino

I think I would leave it where it is and assume it was in balance to begin with and has just as you guess fermented some already. It wouldn't raise the SG too high if you did add it, but it was balanced by Mosti already for maximum taste and flavors.

Jeff, when I picked up the petite syrah it was already fermenting. Although I transferred to a larger primary earlier in the evening, I didn’t check the specific gravity until about 9:00pm and at that time it was 1.074. I plan do what Appleman has suggested, consider that it was balanced when packaged and make no adjustments.

Jeff,

I'm sorry. I gave you bad advice last night. I thought I had clicked under another thread and did not realize when I added my last post I was responding to your MM thread. I was using the active topics feature and thought I was dealing with an original SG of a wine in another section of the forum where I had been discussing sugar adjustment and not with your MM fresh juice. I agree, don't add anything. That wasa major error on my part, so I'm deleting my prior thread.I will have to be more careful with my posts made shortly before I go to sleep.Edited by: dfwwino

Latest posts

Back