New guy from Massachusetts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek7877

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Derek and I'm from Dartmouth Massachusetts. I'm a huge lover of wine and everything that's related to it...LOL. I started getting into wine making about 3 years ago and I love it so much. I have only made 2 batches of wine, a merlot and a Riesling so Im not as experianced as most of you fine gentleman.
I also work the tasting room at a local winery ( my buddy is the owner and winemaker) I just fill in whenever someone needs a day off or for special events.

I recently started putting together a wine lab and I'm excited that its almost complete with everything I need to analyze my future wines. Just all the basic analytical test like TA, free so2 (aeration oxidation method), total so2, alcohol % by distillation, and I'm hoping soon that I can start testing for volatile acidity (saving for a cash still). Maybe I will post some pictures soon so you guys and gals can tell me if I'm missing something or whatnot...

I'm really looking forward to chatting with you guys and learning new things!

Thanks for having me here at Wine Making Talk!

Well Derek, I'm not one of the gentlemen here but I would like to welcome you to WineMakingTalk.

Derek, sounds like you have a nice lab there, my compliments! You wont find a better group of people, and wine makers, always willing to help and answer questions.
Welcome Aboard!
Tom

Pumpkinman said:
Derek, sounds like you have a nice lab there, my compliments! You wont find a better group of people, and wine makers, always willing to help and answer questions.
Welcome Aboard!
Tom

Thanks Tom, I really love my new wine lab, I finally have a place to make wine other then the kitchen...my wife really likes that also...hahahaha

Welcome Derek. I was a North Dartmouth person for 4 years while attending Umass. That's also where I fell in love with winemaking when encouraged by a chemistry professor I had. If you have any questions feel free to ask us.

Startwining said:
Welcome Derek. I was a North Dartmouth person for 4 years while attending Umass. That's also where I fell in love with winemaking when encouraged by a chemistry professor I had. If you have any questions feel free to ask us.

Wow very cool, Umass is 5 min from our house.

Welcome Derek, Great group of people here. Everybody is willing to help and share idea's. What winery do you work at ? I'm from Melrose Ma. I visited Hardwick Winery a month or so ago. Is that near you ?

bakervinyard said:
Welcome Derek, Great group of people here. Everybody is willing to help and share idea's. What winery do you work at ? I'm from Melrose Ma. I visited Hardwick Winery a month or so ago. Is that near you ?

Thanks for the welcome. Here is the link to the winery. www.travessiawine.com

Latest posts

Back