Need some electrical help.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdressle

Junior
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this type of electrical hook-up before. Its a Zambelli pump and we are needing it to function yesterday, but I wondered if anyone could give me some insight for my simple mind. Thank You!

IMG953658(1).jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen this type of electrical hook-up before. Its a Zambelli pump and we are needing it to function yesterday, but I wondered if anyone could give me some insight for my simple mind. Thank You!

IMG953658(1).jpg

That's what we thought to. We needed it bad today and it was a huge let down to not have it work. I think we will call the professionals in the morn, because I don't want to loose any hair over this literally :) Thank You!

you can buy an adapter at an electrical store..its nothing special, just different then what your use to.

Hi

In the UK they plug into generators and also over here you could take that plug off and put a normal 3 pin plug on so you can plug it in house mains. ( I would like to point out though that it may not be the same in other countries as it is in the UK.)

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I just saw the hertz - thanks for pointing it out . I strictly went with voltage and plug design.
I would still have a certified electrician look at it or defintley someone who knows electricity to make sure you wire it correctly.
Do you have an outlet that is 220 volts where you will be using this product. ?

Hey everyone, thank you very much for the extremely helpful info. We actually do have a wired 220v outlet connection for our crusher/destemmer. so do you think the converter will suffice?

What is the horsepower of the motor? To use a converter you have to make sure it can handle the amp draw of the motor. It can get pricy. Easiest thing to go is change plug.

Or get something like this

I would think you could get it overnighted cheaper then paying en electrocution to come out.

If it was me I would cut it off and put on a new plug.

RR

Last edited by a moderator:
usually the schematics are on those pumps...so it would be easy to add a new wire and plug for an existing outlet..
And its just a 3 wire set up.

Back