RJ Spagnols Need help on a decision.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some Brunello that I made from juice and the fermentation ceased around SG 1.002 to 1.004 (I have a toatal of 18 gallons). I need to blend it out with more Brunello and I am looking at two alternatives. I am not sure which way to go and I woud like your views.

Choice 1: RJS Grand Cru International 12 liter kit with grape skins.

Choice 2: RJS Cru Select 16 liter kit without skins.

I like the idea of skins (they are purported to be Sangiovese grape skins) but are they worth the difference in kit size? I have some Shiraz grape packs left over or I could use raisins in the Cru Select.

Just wondering what you all would do. Thanks.

I would like to try it Wade, but does it really cost $225 for 1 Kg? Where can I get a small quatity and what is the price? Thanks for the input.

I bet you could call them and they would rush you a sample or maybe Moorwine carries it.

More wine has it in 1 gram size. for $18.95.

morewinemaking.com - do a product search for "PRORESTART"

That is what I would do, although you will have to wait a few days for it, which won't hurt anything.

Good luck!

Thanks Wade and Robie, I have ordered an 83 gram package from MoreWine and I will give it a shot. It sounds like from what I read on their website, I can try it on one carboy at a time. I appreciate your help.

Back