Need advise on a Red Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShelleyDickison

President of Stay at Home and Do Nothing Inc.
Reaction score
My husband and I are trying to expand our taste buds and would like to do a red kit. We have tasted quite a lot unfortunately we neglected to write them down. Last night we had some CabSauvignons that we liked. We are trying to find a kit that is a little smooth with not so much of a peppery taste if possible. I know they have to age to have a good feel and we are fine with it. If anyone can give us a direction that would be cool. I can get mostly WE and RJS kits in this area. Thanks.

Years ago when I wanted to start drinking reds, I approached an oenophile friend who told me to go out and buy a Zinfandel, and not to pay over $10.00 for it. That was my gateway red. Sometime around 1992. Merlot may be another good choice, as would be a Pinot Noir, all three are pretty easy to drink.

Enjoy
BC

Cheeky Monkey has a great Malbec - it's cheap and easy to drink. Good after 3 months.

The guy at the LHBS swears by the Winexpert Selection Australian Petit Verdot. He says it is a red wine for anyone. It also is good at 9 months (short aging), and great at 18. I just pitched it yesterday, and am excited to see how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back