natures bounty

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corn field

Reaction score
This week I have enjoyed natures bounty
smiley4.gif
. Took my 14 year old grand son fishing Wednesday at a private farm pond. Caught 14 bass and 24 big blue gill. Grand son only caught 4 bass one was 4 1/2 lbs another was 5lbs 2oz. He usually catches more but this time he beat me on poundage. He did catch the Lions share of blue gill. Didn't get pictures because he was too fast in cleaning them for a fish fry.
Yesterday took both of the grandsons to pick wild mulberries. With all the rain this year there is a bumper crop. Used a tarp and shook the trees ended up with 28lbs. The wild ones seem to have more flavor even though they are smaller than the domestic ones. Came home cleaned and destimed. All were packadged and frozen for later use (3 gallons of wine and lots of jelly). Today I will rest and recope too much fun for a 70 year old. Monday I will be taking the 8 year old fishing at the same pond. This will be his first in a boat fishing trip. I only hope he has as good of luck as his older brother. So yes life is grrreat
smiley32.gif

Keep us Posted on that Mulberry Wine....
Photos would be nice....never seen a Mulberry tree.

smiley36.gif
Don't you remember?

"Round and round the mulberry ____ the monkey chased the weasel ....."

Cornfield, I will be getting a good share of mulberries as soon as theyre ready up here. Cant wait as Ive never tried Mulberry wine before. That was some nice fishing there.

corn field, sounds like lots of juicy berries begging to become wine to me!!

Latest posts

Back