Cellar Craft My Yakima Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, either I did something amazingly good or amazinglybad.
smiley5.gif
After only 7 days in primary fermentation, my SG now is .994.(OG was 1.084)I went ahead and racked it into the carboy. I also went ahead and added the acacia cubes. But now my timeline seems to be askew. Since apparently it's pretty close to finishingif not already finished it's frementing. I don't see any bubbling in the airlock either. Maybe I let it get too warm?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!

This happens, David. Nothing to worry about. A warm fermentation will lead to a wine which needs less degassing. Now I recommend you let the wine sit for 2 weeks before proceeding on to the next step, stabilizing/fining/degassing.

At this point its important that the carboy is topped up/off. You should not have any large headspace.

Looks great!!! I did this kit and mine is about 8 months old and taste impressions are accurate for what is presented def delicious BTW if you are planning on bulk aging you will want to check in on it from time to time as when the acacia cubes are fully saturated they will take up there angels share if you will and you will have to add some wine not much but probably in a week or so
smiley1.gif

Back