My New SO2 Tester

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flame145

Reaction score
Just got my new SO2 tester from Vinmetrica, Man what a pleasure doing free so2 testing. Quick and easy. Finally I'm not watching for that freakin color change

Waldo, it uses a special meter like a pH meter. You add a titrant solution until it reaches a detemined figure and beeps at you. Simple calculation and done.

Here is a link http://www.vinmetrica.com/
There is a video of it working.

The guy has some growing pains selling them and apparently when I got mine he had a new helper that sent some wrong parts. They were replaced. It works very quickly and easily. It saves me a ton of time testing my many samples.

Ooooooh. Great idea Peter!
smiley2.gif

I had given up on getting an electronic SO2 tester due to the expense but this is less than half the cost of a Hanna - hope I can wait until Christmas!

We don't exchange Christmas gifts, so I am going to have to think of some other way to do this. I still have some old Packard parts for sale. Anyone need a rebuilt Stromberg EE-23 Carb?

I use my Hanna TA meter for the stirrer. It has a built in one. I place the Vinmetrica probe in the Hanna and use the magnetic stirrer. I figure I have it, why not make double duty out of it.

I have the Hanna S02 tester now and love it. It was broken when it came to the door but they made a very quick repair to it and I had it back in 3 days from the time I sent it out!! Its a bit more but I like the assurance that this company has been in business for a long time and most likely isnt going anywhere so if a new probe or if new reagents are needed I know they will be there for the getting. Hopefully this guy will be also.

I also got one last year for christmas. The Vinmetrica is awesome, very quick and accurate. I do use the Hanna manetic stirrer with mine. I would not be testing for S02 if it wasn't for this. I like to keep things simple and this is.

when I look back at the way I used to add k-meta every 3 months at racking, I was defintely over adding k-meta. Now i keep it right where it should be. I love the fact that it is fast, easy and really accurate. I checked one of my wines the other day and it literally only took me about 5 minutes. Loving the new toy.

Latest posts

Back