My "new" carboy drying rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a carboy drying rack that I cobbled up out of the remains of our patio umbrella (after the storm here earlier this Summer). I plan to get some old carpet and wrap the upper rails for additional protection. It seems to work well and holds any size carboy (i.e. 6.5, 6, 5 or 3 gallon).

By the way, the piece you see in the upper right behind the rack that looks like two squares of wood is my "carboy twister" that I use to get sediment off the side of the carboy. It is two pieces of wood with a "lazy susan" bearing between them. Works real well.

100_0374.jpg

Last edited:
Rocky they look great and fancier then mine when I used to dry my carboys. Below is a picture of mine. It is a 6" pvc coupling with some 1/2" holes drilled in it for air flow. It's large enough for carboys with handles.

carboy dryer.jpg

Rocky they look great and fancier then mine when I used to dry my carboys. Below is a picture of mine. It is a 6" pvc coupling with some 1/2" holes drilled in it for air flow. It's large enough for carboys with handles.

You are not implying that mine is over-designed, are you Dan? :)

I like your design a lot; elegant and simple. I just know that being the klutz I am, I would knock them over or something would fall against them.

That is real clever Rocky, I might have to copy that one!

Rocky said:
Here is my "new and improved" version with carpet protection and casters. Works great. I was even able to dry my demijohn (background) recently.

Wow I am definitely copying this one. Awesome job rocky

Great drying rack. Have to make one for myself. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Latest posts

Back