My "new" capper

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonmaster42

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thought I'd show off my newest equipment aquisition.I just got a couple cases of beer bottles and mentioned to my folks that I needed a capper (all my other bottles are ez-cap bottles). They said they had this one and sent it to me. It's my great-grandfathers beer bottle capper. Evidently he and my grandfather worked for/withbootleggers and made beer during Prohibition in San Francisco and it was given to them. It still works like a charm, too.

And since everyone likes pictures, lets see if I can put one in here...

20081204_175619_capper1_Small.jpg

That is so cool. To bad it has sentimental value to you. I would be all over you trying to get that from you. How does it hold the cap? Is it a magnet like the now a days cappers?

Yeah, it's all cast iron(?). My grandfather painted it to keep it from rusting.
Smurfe, the bell is hollow with no magnet so it doesn't hold the cap. I was playing with it last night and the best way I could get it working was to put the cap on the bottle and bring the belldown to the bottle to crimp the cap. Wonder if I could put a magnet in there? Might have to play with that idea...

I did see a similar one on ebay a couple days ago. Different maker but same design.

I sea a red X, yet I dew Knot sea a pitcher.

Hay!!!!!!! When did we get spell cheque !!!! Know worries now, All of my words will bee spelled wright!!!

I dont see anything either and I dont think its because of my eye!
smiley5.gif

I'm not sure how this one is set up. At first I only saw a red x also but then this morning after asking about a security certificate and I said yes continue- the picture appeared. It just happened like that again. Where id you put the picture dragonmaster?

I dont get anything, no red x, nothing, I think you guys have been drinking too much and are hallucinating!

This computer in the house won't display the picture. It says that Internet Explorer has blocked the site from opening anything with a security certificate error. The computer in the office allows a choice so I could view it. There must be something wrong with the way it was uploaded or linked.

All I get is the red X.....sounds like it would be something fun to see..
smiley24.gif

Hey!!!!! I see it!!!! It in GOLD and a duck is looking at it!!!!

.............Wait.......... Maybe I have had too much______???........ Never mind!!

Hmmmm....Thought I followed the instructions in one of the faq's correctly - Iclicked on the load picture under "post reply", browsed to my picture, clicked load, it showed the preview and I clicked okay. Maybe I put it in the wrong spot on the server? Been sniffing my mead, so that might have something to do with it... ha

I did get a box about a security certificate at home when I log onto the site. Wonder if it's a windows thing?
smiley26.gif

Rocky Top, the duck is a carving I did. Same with the orchid on the other side.

Well that's weird. Just use the http link on my the previous message- don't know what all the other stuff is. My computer and I are not getting along today.....

Latest posts

Back