My First Time

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Welcome Welcome.
Your 1st time. Have you started yet? What are you thinking of?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Started last night with a shiraz. I kind of messed up. Set the flavor pack aside and forgot about it. Put the yeast on top and then saw the packet I forgot.. Opps!! What do you think? I then put the flavor packet in. Should I get more yeast?? :slp

Welcome aboard!!

How about a small intro? What you like to drink, would like to make, have made, or are making now.

Welcome! please let us know what kind of kit you are using, and what kind of equipment you are using. If you pitched your yeast last night and it is the right temp you should probably see signs of fermentation soon if not already.

Welcome skramer. I was just in your neck of the woods yesterday going to the Cleveland Clinic. We have some awesome sponsors on here if you're looking for great on line places to buy. So tell me where do you get your supplies locally. Any awesome places. I am familiar with Leeners even though its quiet a haul from here. Also went to a few great wineries out your way at Geneva On The Lake a few weeks ago.

Welcome! please let us know what kind of kit you are using, and what kind of equipment you are using. If you pitched your yeast last night and it is the right temp you should probably see signs of fermentation soon if not already.

Using the Vitners Shiraz. I will see if it is fermenting when I get home from work.

Welcome skramer. I was just in your neck of the woods yesterday going to the Cleveland Clinic. We have some awesome sponsors on here if you're looking for great on line places to buy. So tell me where do you get your supplies locally. Any awesome places. I am familiar with Leeners even though its quiet a haul from here. Also went to a few great wineries out your way at Geneva On The Lake a few weeks ago.

I got my kit from World of wines here in Mentor. I was wondering where the best place to buy was, or am I best off staying local.

I got my kit from World of wines here in Mentor. I was wondering where the best place to buy was, or am I best off staying local.

Thats a pretty interesting shop. I stoped in there last Christmas when I took a ride up to Leeners. Now thats a real interesting shop for making anything from bubble gum to can goods to beer & wine. I like to support my local shops also. The customer service, inventory and prices keep me going back to our sponsors. Give George at Fine Vine Wines or Mid West a call and you'll be surprised at the level of service. The more you buy the better the shipping charges will be also. They can fit a lot in one box.

Back