My All In One Bottle Washer/Sanitizer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main purpose of this thread was to showcase the unit that Steve at All in One wine Pump makes, and how well it is made and how efficiently it works, not to have a "see what I've made" thread.

Are you just trying to redirect the thread? Or are there rules somewhere I haven't come across regarding what topics one can or cannot post about based on the OP's wishes?

WHAT? Paul, you may be reading a little bit too much into this, trying to get this thread back on track, I'm the original poster.

Once a thread is started it takes on a life of its own and you never know where it will go. I have learned many things from threads that have gotten off track. Keep all those ideas coming.

cheers

Tom, I am really liking this set up. I have a question though. I see the filter set up after the pump and before the brass nozzle. Would it not be better to have it before the water goes into the pump. I'm assuming maybe Steve tried it and maybe there's not enough pressure on the intake side.

It's possible I may not even use a filter and use this only for sanitizing. All of my bottles are always rinsed cleaned right after use but this would be great for sanitizing just before bottling especially when you're bottling 10-15 cases at a time.

Dan
The reason I put the filter inline on the out side of the pump - because to make sure anything that goes up and inside the bottle gets filtered. I will end up with some wax beads or one bottle that might of had some crud in it and the filter saves me time by not having to change out the water all the time.

I used the same setup without a filter for many years - I also designed a utility sink to do the same exact thing with some valves on it, so I can switch between potable water and sanitized solution - recirculating.

I hope this helps

Dan
The reason I put the filter inline on the out side of the pump - because to make sure anything that goes up and inside the bottle gets filtered.

I hope this helps

Negative, sir.

My question is why not have the filter on the intake line so crud doesn't go into the pump and bottle. Maybe the pump has more pressure pushing than on the vacume side. Just curious if that is what it is.

Tom, I am really liking this set up. I have a question though. I see the filter set up after the pump and before the brass nozzle. Would it not be better to have it before the water goes into the pump. I'm assuming maybe Steve tried it and maybe there's not enough pressure on the intake side.

It's possible I may not even use a filter and use this only for sanitizing. All of my bottles are always rinsed cleaned right after use but this would be great for sanitizing just before bottling especially when you're bottling 10-15 cases at a time.

If I may put in my 2¢ .

I am very familiar with those pumps. The work better at 'pushing' vs 'pulling' a liquid.

RR

Thanks RR -
I know it is a self priming pump - but it does take alot of life out of the pump if you have to suck all the air out from the filter cannister.

I like these pumps because you can buy replacement parts for them

Does the pump run continuously?
Does it have a foot control? If not, does the back pressure, when the spigot is closed, cause problems?

I have a pump at home I rarely use that I can repurpose.

This pump is a on demand pump - which means it will build up pressure and shut off until the pressure drops, causing the pump to turn back on .

Back