Muscadine F-pak

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CajunJay

Reaction score
As some southern folks know, it's muscadine picking time. I have a batch started and it's almost ready for the secondary. I noticed lots of you talk about making F-paks to add to your wine and I would love to do that to this muscadine. Two of my vines are 4 years old and I cannot BELIEVE the grapes I am getting off these.

Anyway, I don't have a steamer though that may be a purchase in the near future. Is there a way to make an F-pak without one. I am more concerned with the muscadine flavor and not with sweetness.

Thanks!
smiley4.gif

Jay

I dont have a steamer either, all you have to do is be able to extract that juice for the f-pac. You could build yourself a little press with a spare bucket with holes drilled in it and a board cut to fit inside it that you just step on or you could just use your feet.

Not always, it depends on how much fruit you use initially and what yeast you used and a few other variables. Sometimes some of the flavor just gets lost during fermentation.

Latest posts

Back