Moved into secondary today!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinnychick

Junior
Reaction score
My first wine (a strawberry/saskatoon blend) went from primary to a jug today. Of course I snuck a glass to make sure it wasn't gross, and aside from the new wine harshness - which kind of reminds me of kool-aid and vodka - its better than I expected. Such a lovely colour, too! Exactly the colour my fingers were stained after picking the berries to begin with. :)

Not sure exactly how I messed up measuring, but I ended up with quite a bit more than I expected. I was pretty sure the *total* volume (including the fruit) was just over a gallon, but after the fruit was removed I ended up with a gallon and a quart. Plus however much dripped onto my feet when I got clumsy. Not that I'm complaining about having more... hahah

I think I need to find a log book to keep track of more details than what I had written down. And to learn to keep it where I can't spill all over it. :re It's unreadable now, including the recipe.

Yay wine! :D

Vikki

Sounds like your having fun. Time to get working on that second batch:) good luck

Skeeter pee started up about 20 minutes after the wine was racked. :h Can't WAIT for that stuff, it sounds awesome!

Vikki

Latest posts

Back