MOTHER NATURE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Congratulations to all who care to plant something into God's great Earth...such a Romantic thought to 'live off the land', and a Vineyard is an especially Romantic thought.

I grew up the daughter of a grain farmer in Canada, and here I am many years later, with much 'water-under-the-bridge' many cites and countries later married to a grain Farmer. The full circle.

I know the battle of trying to make a living from the Earth and depending on Mother Nature for your livelihood, the weather becomes a very important part of your life.

Your ventures in beginning a Vineyard are wonderful..I am an avid gardener and know the trials of just trying to get enough for your own table, to fill your freezers and jars from your own produce...It is truly a Wonderful Life.

There are many trials ahead, much to learn, and you will never quit learning...everyday is an adventure in the fields, no mater what you are growing....

I read a story lately about a Vintner [I can't find the story right now, and if I do will post it here on this Forum] The people had a large fortune, they planted a Vineyard and opened a Winery...they made a small foutune....Life is what you made it...the lifestyle of living in the country and touching the Earth can not be beat...you give and take.

Life is a Journey...enjoy the Trip.

Well said! I would love to have a small farm and raise animals and my own veggies. I just can't see doing it for a living. A vineyard is something that requires a passion, for it requires much labor.But what a reward!

Latest posts

Back