Morning bottling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry1

Reaction score
Whoa.....I can't do this again. I made up a blend of concord and niagara a while back. Have had it "aging" in the jugs for a bit. Decided to bottle a gallon of it to pass to friends. Had a little more than would fit in the bottles......so I drank it. Mighty good stuff. Now, I also have 6 gallons of Blackberry Merlot that was ready for bottling. Oh, I do not have a 6 gallon carboy. Do you see where this is heading? Yep, one gallon was in a seperate jug. Weeellll......it also had more than would make upfull bottles. Waste not, want not....I drank it too!!!!! Here it is 0910 hours and I'm about half way soused. The concord/niagara blend is better than any store wine I have ever gotten(of course I'm not a connoisseurof wine), but it's a dry and delicious. The blackberry is also good, but it's more my wifes taste than mine. I still have 5 gallons ofeach to bottle, but I think I'll wait till mid afternoon to do them.

Sounds like you were sampling more then you were bottling!!! LOL Glad you love the end result!

Latest posts

Back