RJ Spagnols Monastrell-Petit Verdot?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been patiently waiting for mine from George at Finevinewines without hearing anything. Finally contacted him and they had lost my preorder somehow. But he promptly stuck them in the mail and I will have them in three days. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

I finally started this one a few nights ago. The juice smelled wonderful and the color is crazy dark (probably due to the PV). I decided to let this kit be what the manufacturer wants it to be and used the EC-1118. Aside from barrel aging, I don't know that I'll do any tweaks to it. But I'm a tinkerer and may not be able to help myself. :) It'll be a while though - I won't have barrel space for this one until the end of the year.

i have mine in the clearing and aging stage. I pretty much never use the included EC-1118 anymore and ended up using ICV-D254 on this wine. Made me wish I had a barrel.

Which kit is that, the LR from CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Racked from secondary, stabilized and added clarifiers last night.

As I mentioned, I'm a tinkerer, and couldn't resist the urge to add some tannin to the primary. Only a teaspoon, so I'm not sure it'll have a huge impact. This wine already looks, smells and tastes great. Interestingly, the En Primeur Amarone and Pinot Noir I started a year ago have yet to come around.

Aging for about 13 months and I think it needs another 6 to 8 months.

Latest posts

Back