Mosti Mondiale mm summer breeze green apple riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLeroy

Reaction score
Back in April I bought two kits of the green apple riesling. I gave one of the kits to my brother and I made one. We got together yesterday and we opened one of each of our wine to try them. Both wine kits had an "off" flavor. I can't tell you what it taste like just "off". Is it posible that we both made the same mistake on the same kit and got the same "off" flavor? Or do you think that it could be the kit. On my higher end kits I keep the lot number and all the info but on this kit I can not find it. (i need to check to see if my brother kept it)
We both have done about ten or televe kits and have not had a problem. Any thoughts on what we did wrong? Has any one else had a problem with this kit? Is there any thing that we can do to improve the wine?

Can you describe the "off flavor"? Is there an off taste as well as off smell?

Did this kit come with an "F-Pac" of sorts that back sweetened the wine? Did you any the Potassium Sorbate that came with the kit?

Yes there is a smell as well as a taste. Yes it came with an F pack and I did use the potassium sorbate that came with the kit. I don't know how to discribe the taste/smell

Is it by chance a sort of funky sweet almost bubble gum taste/smell, and by that I mean the bad bubble gum that you used to chuck out as a kid because it was soo bad that came in a pack of baseball or football cards?

If so that is the potassium sorbate that came with the kit. I don't know what the difference between the sorbate Mosti uses and the sorbate that Cellar Craft uses but anytime I used Mosti supplied sorbate I got the funky smell/taste after the addition. No funky smell or taste with any sorbate from Cellar Craft.

The good news is it will go away over time, the bad news is it took 12 full months to do it.
smiley35.gif

No that does not sound like what I smell/taste. I have made this kits several times and never had this problem. I guess the only way to discribe it is "old" or wine going bad. I know that does not help much.

Give George a call and maybe he can help you out. I doubt there are any kit problems he has not heard aboutand probably knows the cause

Latest posts

Back