Mosti Mondiale MM Renaissance Rio Grande Rojo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another kit recommended by George. Picked it up on sale last month.

20091018_200733_DSC02308.jpg

Its a blend of Chilean Cabernet, Merlot and Carmenere. Not sure yet which is the major grape but probably in that order.

Started on 10/16/09. SG =1.10

Was slightly surprised that the kit was right at 12 months old exactly but I guess its still OK. Was a little funky smelling at first (didn't taste, should have). Smells fine now that its fermenting away. :)

20091018_200844_DSC02305.jpg

Will post more as it progresses!

Funny,

Just noticed the box says "unlimited edition" ????????

Wonder if I should put that on the label!
smiley36.gif

Looking good, Mike! I think that concentrates always havea bit of a strange nose when first poured. I'm don't know why. They taste like grape juice on steroids though and the nose doesn't match the taste.
smiley1.gif

ibglowin said:
Funny,

Just noticed the box says "unlimited edition" ????????

Wonder if I should put that on the label!
smiley36.gif

You can only hope that the quality and quantity will match!

20091026_061101_DSC00486.jpg

Got this guy transfered to glass before I headed out to visit my family in San Antonio this weekend. We had a nice little warm spell before I went and he went from 1.1 to 1.0 in 6 days so was safe to transfer with no volcanic activity. I have been leaving in primary for 6 days instead of following the MM instructions. It works well. I snap the lid when it gets down to ~1.05 and add the yeast nutrient and oak which reacts like crazy but at least with the expanded surface area it has plenty of room to do its thing instead of shoot out the top of a carboy.
smiley17.gif

He smelled great at this first racking. Will bulk age for ~ a year before bottling.

Added K-Meta, fining agents and degassed yesterday. I hit this guy with a heating pad for the last week to see if I could get him a little lower in the SG. After the temp in the carboy was brought up to 70 degrees I could see small signs of life coming off. I checked the SG just before racking and it was 0.996 so it did drop from 0.998 which is where it was a week ago.

Nice aroma and taste for a 3 week old wine. I have high hopes for this guy and he was on sale to boot. These Resaissance kits are 16L (same as a CC Showcase) and are usually priced slightly cheaper.

If your looking for a high end kit at a lower price I would definitely check out the Renaissance line.

The only drawback (and I mean only) to this line is no Grapepacks.

ibglowin said:
Added K-Meta, fining agents and degassed yesterday. I hit this guy with a heating pad for the last week to see if I could get him a little lower in the SG. After the temp in the carboy was brought up to 70 degrees I could see small signs of life coming off. I checked the SG just before racking and it was 0.996 so it did drop from 0.998 which is where it was a week ago.

Nice aroma and taste for a 3 week old wine. I have high hopes for this guy and he was on sale to boot. These Resaissance kits are 16L (same as a CC Showcase) and are usually priced slightly cheaper.

If your looking for a high end kit at a lower price I would definitely check out the Renaissance line.

The only drawback (and I mean only) to this line is no Grapepacks.

True, but some of the kits do have raisins. I made the Amarone from this kit and it certainly ranks up there among the best.
VC

vcasey said:
True, but some of the kits do have raisins. I made the Amarone from this kit and it certainly ranks up there among the best.VC

You would have to point that out, and that kit is on sale! ......

I have the MM All juice Amarone bulk aging since August and it taste unbelievable. Seems to me that these kits are the same as the All Juice Kits they just have 1.5 gal water removed from them so they end up being cheaper to ship to boot!

I started this kit about 18 months ago.It is myfavorite so far among the five or six reds I have made. I'm sure youwill love this one too. Enjoy!
(George's recommendationsfor mehave all turned out to be very good)

Back