Mosti Mondiale MM Master's Pinot Grigio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zehnmm

Junior
Reaction score
We recently bottled a Master's Edition Pinot Grigio after a short period of bulk aging for about a month. Test tastes indicate this is already good and will be even better after time goes by. Heck, a test glass during bottling was better than any commercial PG we have ever had.
This is our second time of using MM Master's Edition offerings. Additionally, we have one of their Amarone's bulk aging (about 45 days so far) that we will bottle soon --- running our MM experience up to 3. Granbarolo, PG, and Amarone.

Hence, we are pleased with the MM product line and it will continue to be part of our kit wine making plans.

FYI, so far we have followed the MM instructions without tweaks. Our general practice is to bulk age about 40 to 50 days and then bottle. In other words very similar to the wine making progress notes reported on this web site.

Regards to all,

Steve

Nice, I have a Mosti Megioli Pinot Grigio I need to get bottled soon. The sample I tasted last time I racked was great. I havent even added the finalfining agents and it is crystal clear with hardly and lees on the bottom.

Was that the MEPG w raisins? This is our first try with that one. It isclarifying now. If it is as good as theother AJ whites we have tried, Chardillion,Sav Blanc, Trebbiano, andour young Chardonnay, it will be a good one. We also have a Valle del Sol about ready to bottlewhichis promising as well.
Our current thinking is: we know we will make the Trebbiano, SavBlanc, and Chardonney againand may may try the Chardasia as a replacement for the discontinued Chardillon which was our best kit wine to date.

Jack on Rainy said:
Was that the MEPG w raisins? This is our first try with that one. It isclarifying now. If it is as good as theother AJ whites we have tried, Chardillion,Sav Blanc, Trebbiano, andour young Chardonnay, it will be a good one. We also have a Valle del Sol about ready to bottlewhichis promising as well.
Our current thinking is: we know we will make the Trebbiano, SavBlanc, and Chardonney againand may may try the Chardasia as a replacement for the discontinued Chardillon which was our best kit wine to date.

Hello Jack.

Yes, it was the Master's Edition with raisins. I appreciate that you shared your experience with other whites.

Regards,

Steve

Back