Mosti Mondiale MM All Juice Bucket as Primary?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are great to use if you are not making a 6 gallon kit. I use them all the time for 3 to 5 gallon batches of fruit wine. I have made peach, blackberry, blueberry and cranberry in these buckets and they work just fine. If you are strictly using kits for wine then these will probably be a bit too small to use as a primary fermenter.

I keep hearing that but it worked great for me, better than I thought it would actually doing an all juice kit. Probably because I snap the lid? I had no mess, perfect fermentation, I don't know what could have been better with it.

I use anAJ bucket for sanitizing my utensils and other misc equipment. With the exception of the auto-siphon, everything else I use will fit in the bucket with the lid in place. Great tolet sitas a humidor for half hour or so.

I actually measured it out this weekend with a gallon jug x 6. It was a good 4-5 inches from the top, but this thing is not as wide in diameter as a normal primary so I would worry about a chimney effect especially during the first few days.

Yep that looks familiar. On a sad note I wish George had time like he used to when the business was smaller and could post to the forums.

I think business is good these days. I have been to every Homebrew shop in New Mexcio and none can hold a candle to The Winemakers Toystore.

The kit prices are higher AND they are trying to peddle out of date juice to boot!

One of the most important uses I have put an AJ bucket to is storing used motor oil until I take it to the recycle center. <g>

Latest posts

Back