mixed berrys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctshep97

Reaction score
i have made and bottled a strawberry wine from frozen berrys and started a secound strawberry wine with more berrys. now the question,has anyone made a fruit wine from mixed berrys? i see dole hase a mixed berry bag of frozen fruit, it has strawberrys,rasberrys ,blackberrys and blueberrys.was wondering how a wine from this would be??t

I just started a batch of the above berries from Wally World. I thawed and mashed them and put them in a strainer bag (A knee-high nylon stocking).
Got the acid to about .60 and the SG about 1.080. The yeast has been slow to start. Made up a starter and that seems to be OK. Added it to theprimary and will check tomorrow.
BTW. I used 4 lbs berries and 1 1/4 gal water. Some acid blend and some nutrient. Keepin' my fingers crossed.

I go to Sams Club. There I get 1 pkg of frozen strawberries and 5 bags of frozen mixed fruit. I make this every year and comes out great w/ adding a f-pac and back sweetening.

HAVE used all of them on occasion with good results one bag doesn't go far,as per TOM,but used to make a FPAC or a wine of their own......don't see a problem.however you need to watch the amount on ice you may see in the bag,sometimes they get partially
smiley2.gif
defrosted and then frozen again,watch for ice.
smiley16.gif

Latest posts

Back