mishmash of wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agdodge4x4

Reaction score
I have a bottle of wine in my fridge that I use to dump off my 'extra' wine. So far it started with white...we drank that down...then I put in strawberry extra....drank it down a little...then I added apple cherry to that....its like a constantly evolving blend of wine.

I must say...for what it is...its amazingly good. Is that weird? Its kind of neat. The whole bottles go to the pantry to age a little.

Agdodge, that is not a bit weird. I have the same thing in my cellar where I put all my odds and ends (red only) in a bottle and it is really something great. It is what I "sip on" while I am working. Right now it contains some of the following: Rosso Fortissimo, Cabernet Sauvignon, a blend I make from Muscat and Zinfandel, Amarone and Super Tuscan. I would need a differential equation to figure out just what the make up is at this point, but it is great

Depending on the year, I usually have about 5 gallons of wine left over in the bottom of my tanks once bottling is complete. The result is a carboy that I call "tank bottoms" and (after a racking) has been quite good. I have actually put this into the local AWS competition and won a bronze medal.

BTW, I named the wine "Duke's Dregs" after my dog. this sounds a lot better than "tank bottoms".

Latest posts

Back