micro brew in PA?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjg53

Junior
Reaction score
Me n my dad are looking to start a micro brew here in Erie, PA. We're not looking to get rich but he retired and is extremely bored... Haha, so I figured it would kill two birds with one stone. We have been giving our wine away for the better part of 30 years so our name is well known in the community of our hometown, but new to PA, but I'm sure we would have no problem selling. Just curious since we new to PA how hard and pricey is it to run a micro brew in PA? Sorry if I posted in the wrong area on my dumb phone haha...

Are you talking about a brewery for beer, or a winery. I'm very confused by your question. In any event, you can get a limited wineries license in PA. Here is link that should get you started. Good luck.

http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/PLCB/Licensees/LimitedWineries/index.htm

sorry, i meant for wine. i see a limited winerie is for under 200,000 but we would never make that much, but those prices... man noone could do anything but break even on those fees...

Are you talking about a brewery for beer, or a winery. I'm very confused by your question. In any event, you can get a limited wineries license in PA. Here is link that should get you started. Good luck.

http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/PLCB/Licensees/LimitedWineries/index.htm

sorry i can see how thats confusing. so it looks like we could do a limited distillery and would be bout $1,500 to start, not sure on the renewal fees but assuming those are the same price...

sorry i can see how thats confusing. so it looks like we could do a limited distillery and would be bout $1,500 to start, not sure on the renewal fees but assuming those are the same price...

The information I linked is for a limited winery. I don't know whether Pennsylvania issues licenses for distilleries. I've never looked into that.

The information I linked is for a limited winery. I don't know whether Pennsylvania issues licenses for distilleries. I've never looked into that.

yes i see that, said $385 pro rated quarterly, so $1,540 a year about, not horrible could deal with that. also i see it allows for 200,000 gal/yr. perfect, thats all the info i was looking for, thank you again!!!

Well if you want to make a small fortune you have to put on a big fortune. One new winery in erie just shut their doors temporally. How well do you know the market and what area are you looking to go into.

Latest posts

Back