Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darryl

Reaction score
I started the Meglioli Outback Shiraz kit started today...
20100307_160301_004.JPG

and on the inside...
20100307_160354_006.JPG

After everything is added and the yeast is pitched... I'm using the 5 gal paint strainer bag with this one and boy is it full... keep your fingers crossed....
20100307_160627_008.JPG

and one more...
20100307_160719_007.JPG

Ok looks great and aroma is very nice, very dark... the grape pack is like jam... it has everything in it seeds, stems, skins pulp.... looks great!!!
So here we go,

I'm jealous!!! That kit looks fantastic. Let us know how it goes in the 7.9 gallon bucket.

Pete

Yes Pete.... it is starting to go... and I'm a little concerned. May the force be with me....

Looks wonderful. I'll be very interested in how this one turns out.

Darryl said:
Yes Pete.... it is starting to go... and I'm a little concerned. May the force be with me....

Darryl - How did the 7.9 gallon bucket work out? I am getting ready to start a CC Red Mountain Cab with a grape pack. I think I will be okay based on other comments I read but just curious on your Shiraz.

Pete

Looks great!
George said the Megliolis are about as rich as they get.
Don't know for sure, but I'll bet that MM Meglioli has a yeast nutrient packet that came with it. Before you add it, I'd put my fermentor bucket in a secondary containment tub if I were you.

How do you spell W-I-N-E V-O-L-C-A-N-O!!!

Hi guys, my first post here. I did a wine kit with skins, but I did was to order a rubbermaid Brute 10 gallon bucket with lid. The white one is food grade safe, and I never had to worry about a wine volcano.

Pete,ahhh, a fellow Arizonion!!!
smiley4.gif
This bucket will be fine. I made this kit a few weeks back and it holds everything just fine.
BTW, I am here at Ft. Huachuca.......southeast of Tucson.
smiley4.gif
Enjoy that kit because it is awesome!!

Hey Pete... Sorry that I'm so late on this post!!!! Been out of town for about ten days...
I will not do this kit in a 7.9 liter bucket again... I used the paint strainer bag I did loose 1/2 of a cup... the kit was 23 liter of juice + the grape pack... I need alittle more room... I worked it a little on the cool side 70 to 72 f so it did not get out of hand.
I racked it into a 6.5(true 6.5)carboy be for I left town....
I will post photos....

Ok... sorry I'm so late!!!! I rack to a 6.5 gallon carboy(3-12-2010) and left town for my last check up at MD Anderson in Houston and a faimly vacation!!!! They kicked me out and said I'm good to go and don't have to come back... So I'm short 1/2 my left lung and the 11.5cm x 7cm tumor... no cancer and I'm back to 100%!!!!!!! Ok enough of that lets make wine....
20100322_230057_003.JPG

the one on the right is the Shiraz... the left is the Tannat...
20100322_230238_004.JPG

Here is a closer look....
I will rack in the next day ortwoand bulk it for 6 months...

Congratulations Darryl on both fronts! (Health and Wine)

Your going to have some awesome wine in a year to celebrate with!
smiley32.gif

Darryl said:
Ok... sorry I'm so late!!!! I rack to a 6.5 gallon carboy(3-12-2010) and left town for my last check up at MD Anderson in Houston and a faimly vacation!!!! They kicked me out and said I'm good to go and don't have to come back... So I'm short 1/2 my left lung and the 11.5cm x 7cm tumor... no cancer and I'm back to 100%!!!!!!! Ok enough of that lets make wine....

Looks Great Darryl! Thanks for the update and congrats on your health! That is excellent news!!!

Regards,

Pete

Any update on this kit please, thinking about pulling the trigger on this one as we speak. Torn between the Meglioli with Allgrape pack or the CC Showcase with an extra grape pack. Thanks

Latest posts

Back