Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Cab Sav del Veneto

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack, it has been bottled for a couple of months now. I will try it at 6 months to see how it is coming along.

Good luck with yours!!!! I think you will really like it.
smiley4.gif

Following up on my earlier posts on this topic: I racked this one off clarifiers last week after almost 2 wks since addition. Lees not compacted as well as previous kits so 2 full bottles of Cabd' Avola (also MM but AJnot Meglioli) were required to get to the desired level.Tasted before topping off.(Hold your nose! It's young and smells a bit like chemicals.)
Lots of flavor - big!Plenty of fruit, but likely to be pretty well balanced, maybelite ontannins.Even with additional oak, oak flavor was still light. But it looks good in the glass, feels good and rich on the palate, and has promise to be the best of our efforts. We are going to let this sit for a couple of months and taste again. We may let this go without any additional oak, but we'll see after a couple of months. ( Actually, I'm not expecting the flavor to change all that much in that period but mypalate needs a rest after all the eating and drinking of the holiday season. So I'm giving it a rest!)
I don't remember if I mentioned this but this kit had the most beautiful juice in look and fragrance of any we have done. It looked thick going into the primary, had a lot of grape smell and has smelled wonderful all the way along. We ordered another last week thinking this one might be one we do annually. We will give it time, though, thinking drinking in '10 and '11. MORE CELLAR SPACE NEEDED!!!

UAV and Jack,

I'm curious to know if you have tasted your Meglioli Cab Sav del Veneto since your last posts, and if so, how it's coming along.

I just ordered one of these kits today and am excited to try it. This will be my first MM of any kind, so I'm interested to see how it will turn out.

Catrys, My Cab del Veneto turned out good. It has been in the bottle 13 months and I did not bulk age.

I have found it not to be an "in your face" cab but more on the lines of a subtle cab. I am enjoying it and very pleased with it. I hope you enjoy yours as well.
smiley4.gif

Thanks for the update UAV! Sounds great!
smiley4.gif

Since you did not bulk age, am I correct to assume that you did not add any additional oak?

Correct, I did not add any more oak. Haven't tried adding any oaks to my wines.....yet. But, there is this Fall when I start making them again I will experiment with more oaking and different oaks.

Goodfella, because you are such a nice guy and it is monsoon season here, I will open the Cab del veneto tonight after work. And will give you a report then. Cuz I am such a great person!!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

OK, THIS IS THE UPDATE......personally, I like a cab to have that spicy, peppery taste. This cab is nice. It has a nice mellow taste.

Catrys,

WE are still bulk aging this one, too much going on to keep up with the wine hobby these last couple of months.We'll probably bottle in the next couple of weeks and we'll taste then.

Jack,

Thank you very much for the update. Please let us know how it is when you try it :)

UAV and Jack,

It has been awhile, how about another update on that cab?

I also like a spicy, peppery cab.

Does anyone out there have any recommendations for a spicy, peppery cab kit?

Dancer, while my del veneto cab turned out wonderful it was not that spicy, bold cab that I enjoy.

I hope you enjoy yours!
smiley4.gif

Catrys, I used the oak that came with the kit. No additional oak was added.

Latest posts

Back