Maybe someday I'll be settled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paubin

Reaction score
Well, I got my meadery-brewery all packed up and moved from Gillette, WY to Lafayette, LA in July. I just finally got everything situated and was going to start a few new meads when I got a call from my new boss. I'll probably be moving again in a month or 2. This time its looking like southern NY in the Horseheads area. I guess I'll be holding off on the mead for a lil. I'll just have to suffer though with a ale or 2...lol. Hopefully I'll be staying in one place for long enough to rebuild the mead supply. Gettin dangerously low.

Pete

Just think of all the possibilities once you get settled in in apple country. Looking forward to hereing about your meads.
VC

Damn. Bummer that you have to move so fast. Where in southern NY is that? You have some great wineries in the "finger lakes". I hope they are paying for these moves.

Darned, you will be all of a half hour away from Finger Lakes vineyards! Where are you going to find wine making materials, let alone honey for meads?

Ya they pay for the move. I wouldn't say yes if they didn't. I'm originally from RI so I'm pretty familiar with the area. Lots of great wineries and all they apple cider I can quaif...lol. Ill be making alot more hard cider than usual I can tell ya. I'll still order my supplies from George anyway. I'll need at least a new carboy as the last move killed one.
Pete

Same job bud....just a transfer. Funny though, I drove right though your town on the way down to Louisianna, Waldo. Had I been thinking I would have stopped by to say hi
smiley4.gif

Pete

Just got the word a few hours ago. I'll be in NY on or about 16 Dec 09. I hope this is my last move for a while. Really getting tired of moving. This is worse than when I was in the military.

Pete

Holy Cow !!! I just got a call earlier this evening...It,s lookin now like I'll be up in NY by 16 Nov now.

Pete

You keep getting them calls paubin and you are gonna end up being up there last week
smiley36.gif

Heck, you are right down the road from me right now. I live maybe an hour from Lafayette.

I saw Smurfe's beer making setup on another thread... If I lived an hour away he would have a problem, like when ya feed a stray cat!!! HAHA

I wish I could have stayed in Lafayette a lil longer but oh well...Definetly on my way to NY and leaving the south by mid Nov. Should have the movers lined up by Monday for a pick up in a week or 2. Buzy buzy for now catch ya all in a lil bit.

Latest posts

Back