Other Malbec recommendations...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainl

Reaction score
Anyone have a good malbec review. I'm wanting that good leather flavor. Leaning towards the rj spagnols winery series malbec IF I can find it. Also considering a good tempranilloo or Even carmenere kit. Thanks in advanced right now I have a ws super Tuscan and ep Shiraz. Wanting another premium, different kit. Any manufacturer.

Look at KenRidge Showcase Argentinian Malbec if you can still find it. From this year this kit is discontinued and replaced with Chilean Malbec. Which I do not think is as good as Argentinian. I asked Vineco they said they had problems with sourcing in Argentina which is a shame as other producers also discontinued Argentinian Malbec.

Wookey

I have a Winery Series Chlean Macbec bulk aging now and think it is turning out great.

Sounds like the winery series malbec is a good choice. I'll see if my local guy can get it. I've noticed the wine makers toy store has been out of this kit since I started looking. But they do have a Cellar craft showcase collection argentinian malbec in stock as of a couple of days ago. This might be my back up plan. I imagine this should be on par with the winery series....and it's Argentinian.

I emailed George at the toy store last night about another order and he said he was expecting a new shipment from Cellar Classics Winery Series on Friday.

The Winery Series Malbec is very good. You also mentioned a Carmanere I have had great feed back from my customers from the EP Carmenre very good kit for sure.

Good deal. Now the real question should be...winery series vs EP malbec. Interestingly the ep is priced cheaper. Hmmm.

I've had the Winery Series Chilean Malbec bulk aging since around the beginning of April. Still has some aging to do, but so far the taste tests have been going in the right direction. I don't think I have seen a serious negative review on a Winery Series kit, either.

Apparently, Cellar Craft has an Argentinian Malbec Showcase kit that just came out (or was rereleased...not sure if it's an older kit come back). It has a crushed grape pack.

My local guy said he can get me the winery series and at a good price. It will just take two or three weeks....can't wait....

Latest posts

Back