Making wine while cooking with a vinegar sauce?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilesDavis

Reaction score
I was doing like the title reads, I sure hope I'm not going to end up with 5 gallons of blackberry/honey vinegar.
Basically I was adding in my sugar and yeast nutrient to the must while I had some beef country style ribs simmering in bbq sauce.

With vinegar you are fine once its processed. Only living mother of vinegar you need to keep far away from wine.

If that was store bought vinegar you should be fine.

That's a relief. Thanks.
I was like a kid at Christmas seeing the airlock dancing this morning.:D

I make wine in my kitchen. We cook with Bragg vinegar all the time, which has the mother in it. I dunno, I never have had trouble yet.

I make wine in my kitchen. We cook with Bragg vinegar all the time, which has the mother in it. I dunno, I never have had trouble yet.

The bacteria need lots of oxygen and time, the two of which most home wine makers limit. I guess it's possible if you age such a wine for more than 3 years, the vinegar might be a factor; it's hard to say. I just always tell wine makers to limit vinegar exposure, so they will know there could be a possible issue.

Back