Made a mistake.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agroback

Junior
Reaction score
I have added mistakenly 10 to 12 gram gelatin in wine after completion of fermentation it is 20 litter Carboy it has lost its colour what should I do now

I have added mistakenly 10 to 12 gram gelatin in wine after completion of fermentation it is 20 litter Carboy it has lost its colour what should I do now

When you say you added gelatin, are you referring to a clearing agent intended for clarifying wine, or some other ingredient for making jelly? What exactly did you add?

How does it taste and what kind of wine is it? If the flavor is still there, you can drink it like it is, blend it with something else, if not, maybe add a flavor pack, would help add to the flavor and maybe put some color in it. A few wines will loose color when they are aging, strawberry being the one that jumps out in my mind. Racked it and it went from a light, pretty red to yellow. Tasted fine, bottled it and drank it. Arne.

Yes I add as clearing agent in wine I just add in luke warm water and dilute it and add in

Latest posts

Back