Louisiana wild flower

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaluba

Reaction score
I was thinkin of a flower that grows in the fields in south louisiana. When we were lil we use ti pick them pull the petals and suck the sweet ends. andbody recognize it. Also would it make good wine if it was sweet. I dont believe it is poisonous. Im not 100% on that im mean im not dead
smiley11.gif
20071227_222305_Maryland-Milkwo.jpg
t. Edited by: kaluba

I can't find any evidence that it is poison. But that doesn't make it good for us. Now I'm very curious about this plant. Anyone ever make wine from it?

I never heard of any one making wine out of it. The work involved to make wine out of it would be extensive thier very small. The ends are very sweet though. Maybe they would be good as an additives given tehy arent poisonous.

smiley1.gif
I've made wine out of elderberry flowers as an infusion and it turned otu excellent ,six mos. later even better
smiley9.gif

joeswine, Don't be embarrassed about bragging up your own wine. You're just passing on valuable information.

You guys are still trying to figure out if that flower is gonna kill you?

myway22 said:
You guys are still trying to figure out if that flower is gonna kill you?
Yes, I am. Kill, make slightly ill, I don't want that to happen to anyone. But since they don't grow up here, it's not like I'm going to work with them soon.

Im probably gonna have to wait till spring to get a good explanation on them. Im not even sure if that is the exact flower, but its looks so close. Judging by the tall blade grass on the side.

Check with your county agent he or they should have a list of poison flowers. If you can find the name of them& Goggle it and see what you get . Hope this helps. Have a safe and happy new year

Harry

Latest posts

Back