Looking for easy cranberry recipes? What juices work the best?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohchiz

Junior
Reaction score
looking for an easy cranberry recipe that someone has actually tried and turned out well, the laziness of concentrates appeals to me. most juices ive seen in stores like ocean spray and welches are multijuice cocktails or cran-grape combos, anyone tried any of those? also ive heard of using canned stuff anyone have any recommendations on that?

If you want to be really lazy try an Orchard Breezin Cranberry Craze kit. It's a Chianti base with a Cranberry f-pack. I tweeked by adding 3 lbs of Chilean blush table grapes and 1 lb frozen whole cranberries (thawed and crushed) in a paint strainer bag (squeezed daily and removed at 1.010 SG) and also added sugar to bring the staring SG to 1.072. When I removed the paint strainer bag, I put 1/2 (750 ml) of supplied f-pack into fermenter and let it go till dry (.992). Then after Kmeta and sorbate, added the rest of the f-pack and clarifiers.

Started it the first week of May and my wife already loves it (and protects it from me giving too much away). This kit was also part of a deal I got at my LHBS since they were all approaching 2 years old and he wanted to get rid of them, so the cost per bottle is around $1, can't beat that everyday. I'd imagine a "fresh" kit would be even better.

Back