Little Winemaker; Big World

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firejohn03

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I have been a member for a while and have learned so much from this forum. Since I started the forum, I also took a full time position working the vineyards of a commercial winery. Chateau Elan Winery and Resort is one of Georgia's oldest wineries, established in 1983. This year the vineyards were replanted with Carlos and Noble Muscadine, which I was hired to tend to. I am learning so much as the days go by. I enjoy this forum and I live my dream every single day, getting to work ( if you call it that) a dream job. These are the sights of my daily life.

035.jpg

058.jpg

046.jpg

Yeah, looks great! Did you say that you were looking for an assistant to follow you around?

So you go from having to clean a 5 gal carboy to now having to clean 5000 gal tanks, and are happy about that? :) WVMJ

Gratz! Enjoy your work! It's great when work and play converge and both become enjoyable. May your hobby never become a chore and your job never become a bore!

Nice looking pics and it is great to have a job that you truly enjoy doing.

So you go from having to clean a 5 gal carboy to now having to clean 5000 gal tanks, and are happy about that? :) WVMJ

WVMJ it is the opposite. Clean 1200-6000 gallon tanks and oaking 1000 gallons of Chardonnay, and all the other then having to come home and rack off my little 6 gallons of Skeeter Pee. It definitely gets rough, especially now during harvest time. I would not change it for the world!!!

Latest posts

Back