WineXpert Limited Edition South African Sauv. Blanc/Semillon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenS

Reaction score
Anybody try this? Any insights? I just picked this up at my local HBS, but it will be a few weeks before I get to start, so thought I'd get any thoughts or pointers before I get going.

Thanks.

Closest thing that I have made is the Cellar Craft Premium Series Global Cuvée Chardonnay/Semillon and it was great. I have never done a South African wine but I expect you will be pleased. Who is the manufacturer?

Rocky:

Winexpert Selection Limited Edition

KenS:

It's a limited edition, just out. I don't recall WE having a similar LE in the past. So there won't be much feedback on this exact kit.

Steve

It's a limited edition, just out. I don't recall WE having a similar LE in the past. So there won't be much feedback on this exact kit.

Steve

Ok thanks! I'm new at this, so didn't know if this was available in prior years. This being my 2nd kit, I was surprised at the differences in the instructions (my other was a CC Old Vine Zin). Couple of specific things that surprised me:

- Don't top up the carboy during secondary fermentation (~ 10 days)
- Requires all of the sediment stirred up during stabilizing and clearing.

I'm sure they know how the kit is designed, so not saying this is wrong; just interesting how different than the CC kit.

Can't wait to get this started!

Ok thanks! I'm new at this, so didn't know if this was available in prior years. This being my 2nd kit, I was surprised at the differences in the instructions (my other was a CC Old Vine Zin). Couple of specific things that surprised me:

- Don't top up the carboy during secondary fermentation (~ 10 days)
- Requires all of the sediment stirred up during stabilizing and clearing.

I'm sure they know how the kit is designed, so not saying this is wrong; just interesting how different than the CC kit.

Can't wait to get this started!

Wait till you make some RJ Spagnols kits. Differences between their brands, especially length of primary and no secondary.

Steve

I have this one at the clarification stage. I have mostly reds underway, but was trying to balance with a few whites, and with Chards everwhere, I wanted something different. I am not a traditional Sav Blac fan, as I find it a little grassy and sharp ( acidic ), but the Semilion is supposed to round this one out nicely. The other two WE whites I did were the Viognier and the Symphony. Just a white merlot or Syrah (Rose) to get done when a carboy or two frees up and I hope to have the start of a nice cellar.

There are a total of 5 in this years series. The first ones are the Washington Meritage and the South African Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon. Coming up next is a California Peitie Sirah/Zinfandel. March and Aprils are a German Traminer Spatlese and a Spanish Matador Trio Red.

Latest posts

Back