Mosti Mondiale Left overs! What to do?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Kid

Reaction score
Have an MMBlush Zinfandel stabilzing and clearing, but have @ 1/2 gal. of cloudy wine left over after racking to a 5 gallon carboy. This stuff of course has started cooking again after being righteously agitated. What do I do with it? Won't need it for topping up. Carboy will sit for another 10-12 daysthen filtered and bottled. Do I toss it, do I drink it? If kept to drink, do I put any MBS in it? Of course if kept it will have to be racked, cause there are lees at the bottom from racking.
smiley5.gif

I would add some meat to it and keep it for future topping up other wines. Just let it sit and clear on its own, you could also drink it once its cleared.

wade said:
smiley9.gif
OOps, meta as in K-meta!
smiley36.gif
Brain goes faster than the fingers. We ALL suffer from that time to time.

If it were a regular Zin then you could add meat and marinate and make a Pot Roast!
smiley20.gif
I have done this with a Barolo and it came out awesome!

Waldo put together a great tasting one of a kind wine that was made up of a mixture of the various "extras" that he had left over.

I have also done it right around the same time and neither of us knew the other was doing it. It was very nice including some Black Currant, some Barolo, and a few others that Ill never know as I didnt take any notes and surely didnt expect anything decnt out of it.

I'm new also...but good advice here. One can never have too many small bottles laying around for topping up!

But, if you are so inclined, some time consider going to Whole Foods (or other local organic type store) and look for some Bragg's Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar. You can use it as a starter to make your own Red/White/Blush wine vinegar. But of course, that starts a whole new hobby......but it is great to always have a starter going to pour in your leftover bottles. Just keep the starter as far as physically possible from your winemaking space....I like vinegar...but a 6 gallon carboy of it is not my cup of tea!

Ok...in theory one day you might have some leftover bottles. I for one never seem to find that elusive treasure. Darn things keep draining themselves. I need to buy some quality bottles that don't have a slow leak....
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back