WineXpert LE Triumph

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I just missed the last of these in the stores. I'm a fan of the Coppola Claret and I wonder a few things now:

1. Are there any more of these anywhere? I looked online and found nothing.

2. If I did find one, I'd probably want to swap out the yeast, wouldn't i?

3. Is there anything out there currently that falls into a Meritage styled wine that I can make if I can't find a Triumph?

WE had a California Meritage kit in 2013. It was discontinued. I LOVED THAT KIT. I haven't found anything similar, but if anyone does, please post. I have one bottle left, which I will keep and not drink. (I keep one of everything I have made, in order, on the top shelf of my racks.)

I plan to make a Meritage from juice buckets but have not gotten around to it yet.

3. Is there anything out there currently that falls into a Meritage styled wine that I can make if I can't find a Triumph?

Cellar Craft Showcase makes a Cab/Merlot blend from Walla Walla: http://www.vinecowine.com/products/cellar-craft-showcase#Red

Cabernet Merlot Walla Walla Washington

Alcohol: 13.5% Oak: Yes Body: Med-Full
The Walla Walla appellation is very special. Its outstanding reds were what first put Washington on the world wine map. Our offering is the classic Bordeaux blend of Cabernet and Merlot but typifies the unique Walla Walla profile of intense fruit and spice flavours and aromatics. Notes of currant, cherry and plum are backed by hints of black pepper, anise and coffee. Oaking nicely mellows the tannins and adds a suggestion of toastiness.

Also, WE has the California Trinity Red:

California Trinity Red
World Vineyard

An ideal blending of three of California 's most popular grape varieties - Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot, com ing together to make a perfectly balanced, well- structured dry red wine. Notes of black cherry and coffee complement the smokey, herbal flavours, and hints of vanilla that round out this medium bodied wine , making it highly enjoyable for any occasion. Serve with a roast dinner or barbecued steak.

Last edited:
It's hard to get CC around here for some reason. I've heard good thinks about the WV Trinity, but am leery because it's a 10L kit. Worried that it will lack character. I may give it a shot, though. It's about half the cost of the kits I usually buy.

I have the same thoughts. Formerly, my LHBS carried CC, but even then, they did not carry the Walla Walla Cab/Merlot. That kit has gotten real raves here. Mike (ibglowin) contends, I believe, that this kit is even better than CC Red Mountain. I have made it, but I had to mail-order it to get it.

(Now, for some reason, my LHBS has dropped CC entirely, and started carrying RJS instead.)

Folks take a look at the Winexpert LE15 lineup this year. We have an Australian "Meritage/Bordeaux" style, and a great California Paso Robles blend.

Just opened the first bottle from this kit and I am hugely impressed! Delightful aroma, extremely smooth with an incredibly long finish....and its just gonna get better

The WE Trinity blew me away once it hit 2 years. I never expected this out of a 10L kit, but had similar experience with the World Vineyard Chianti. These cheap kits age very well, and aren't bad when young.

Back