Laser label questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So far I've been using pre-printed labels on my wine.

However the choice here in the UK is very limited, and so I've been buying them from Canada and whilst the price of the labels themselves are competitive, the postage and duty make it quite pricey, plus I can't always find labels for particular styles.

So I'm now considering buying a cheap colour laser printer to produce my own labels on 6 to a sheet adhesive pages.

I notice that they are available as permanent or removable adhesive.

Seeing how difficult it is to get commercial wine labels off, last thing I want is a truly "permanent" adhesive ;) but I'm wondering if there are problems with the peelable labels, peeling off?

I mainly make reds so no issue with fridge, but my shed is a bit damp and all my ink jet labels look terrible after a few weeks in there.

Also, has anyone found reliable 3rd party toner? Replacing the toner in some printers costs twice as much as the machine (and they come with limited filled toners to make sure you need to buy it sooner rather than later!) but I've heard of a lot of problems with 3rd party toner.

I realise I could just print on my inkjet, spray them with fixative, cut them out and stick them with milk, but I'm trying to make life easier :)

Back