Labelling Machine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddie1

Junior
Reaction score
As I'm new here I hope I'm in the right section ie., bottling, labeling etc.
Can anyone suggest a simply system for labeling finished bottles that might be reasonably priced.
I've only started but plan to do between 400 & 600 bottles per year. Just like to get the labels on neatly and quickly. Thanks.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can buy for cheap. Most of us make a "jig" of sorts out of wood or other things. I personally use a Miter Box that I have a couple of marks on it for the two different label positions I use. After a few batches you can eyeball it pretty good in no time.

Miter box huh? What a great idea. Nice Mike
smiley32.gif

What is it they say about necessity being the mother of invention....
smiley4.gif

I place a small piece of 2x4 at the bottom so it lines up at the same place every time then I pick one mark or the other depending on the label type I am using (square or rectangle). I used to use a ruler as well but now i can just eyeball it.

I have a plastic labeling rack that holds six bottles. It is meant to be a stackable wine rack. It was very inexpensive ($8.30), hold the bottles laying down so I can apply my Avery 8164 labels. I could careless if all my labels are at the exact same height. They're all laying down on racks and you can't see then anyways. It's more important to me to get them labeled, at the approximate same height and straight as possible.

Back