Mosti Mondiale kudos on your advice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArdenS

Reaction score
Doing my first Mosti kit (Vinifera Nobel Castel del Papa) and appreciate all the knowledge I've been able to learn from all y'all (in Texas, that's plural for y'all). The SG was below 1.03 this morning so I added the nutrient, but I learned from all your experiences and didn't rack to secondary contrary to the MM instructions. No wine volcano here. Added the oak and will rack to secondary after it gets below 1.01, rather than when it's dry. Will probably transfer the oak with it and let it sit on it awhile.

When the foam cap suddenly disappeared at about 48 hours, I thought, "Cool; I read about that."

As I was adding the nutrient I realized I hadn't hydrated it as per instructions. But y'all have convinced me that these kits a pretty forgiving, so I made sure to stir it in well and didn't stress out about it. I'm sure the yeast will be quite happy.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us newbies; it makes the learning curve for us a lot less painful. You guys are awesome.

Arden, I know exactly what you mean. This forum is great!
smiley1.gif

Welcome to the forums Arden!
smiley32.gif

Sounds like you are well on your way.

Keep us posted on the progress of your Casta del Papa!

I have a Cellar Craft Showcase Chateau du Pays (very similar to your Casta del Papa) now bulk aging and it is already showing signs of future greatness so I look forward to hearing how yours turns out.

Arden said:
As I was adding the nutrient I realized I hadn't hydrated it as per instructions. But y'all have convinced me that these kits a pretty forgiving, so I made sure to stir it in well and didn't stress out about it. I'm sure the yeast will be quite happy.

Oh NO!!! That's one of those things that needs to be exact!
smiley3.gif
smiley3.gif
smiley18.gif

.Just kidding. It doesn't really care about that! Hope I didn't scare you too bad
smiley4.gif

Glad we can help once in a while.

Back