Krud Kutter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cohenhouse77

Patience Apprentice
Reaction score
I have felt awkward every time I used acetone, Oops, or Goo Gone because of the high toxicity and odors left behind, and found them not as effective as I wished they were.

Tonight I de-labeled 100 commercially labeled bottles and ended up with about twenty that had that miserable goo that is behind the clear labels or the labels that soaking doesn't affect. I tried a new product called Krud Kutter that is non-toxic and biodegradable. I was hesitant because usually that means they are worthless, but I sprayed the stickies and let them sit for 5 minutes. I was expecting to have to scrub, but most of it rinsed right off the bottle. Then, it rinsed without any lingering odor unlike the goo gone products that leave an oily citrus odor forever.

I am very impressed this product for it's ease of use, effectiveness, and non toxic qualities that make me feel safe to use it. All for a $6 price tag.

No, I do not have stock in this company.

ForumRunner_20130112_225833.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation! I am always interested in trying new products that help that painstaking task of removing glue residue. Acetone seems to be the best (and worst if you know what I mean). Another product I use is the biodegradable version of golf grip solvent. Pretty good but not great!

I am anxious to try Krud Kutter! If looking for a store, I found their locator very helpful...

http://www.krudkutter.com/index.php?option=com_storelocator&view=map&Itemid=57

Back