WineXpert Just started my first wine kit. have a concern

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eduk8or

Reaction score
I am new to wine making and just started my first wine kit tonight. I made sure I sanitized everything, but i did not sanitize the pitcher i used to fill the fermintaion bucket. Is that bad????
smiley5.gif

Everything should be sanitized but I bet youll be alright. Just remember this in the future.

Is only bad if there was something in the pitcher that will cause a problem. I would say that everyone forgets something here and there. This is one way of remembering to sanitize everything including the surfaces that your wine making equipment will touch.
Good luck.
Last batchwhile testing S.G.I sanitized and inspected everytjing and forgot to sanitize the wine thief. I got away with it fortunately.

Just for info . . . handwashing is a really important part of that sanitizing issue.However, if you are going to be working with your equipment or wines, try not to use perfumed or oiled soaps, lotions, hand sanitizers, etc.
smiley34.gif

I agree - chances are in your favor that everything'll be just fine, but if something goes wrong you'll know what happened.

I'm a little over the top when it comes to sanitizing, but I didn't realize how much until after visiting some wineries and watching some shows on wine making.

Latest posts

Back