WineXpert Just started an Amarone from WE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRM

Junior
Reaction score
This is the first WE kit I have done and I am thinking about modifying the process some. The kit has an extra sugar pack that is to be added when the SG get to 1.015 or lower. I will do that per instructions.
What I am think about doing different is the clearing process. I am thinking about the process used by Spagnols kits where you use the 2 part clearing agent. Any thoughts on this change. How would this change taste?
Mike

Each mfg. has their own clearing agent they like for that kit. I see no reason not to use the 2-part.
You picked a good wine. I make Amarone from juice for the last 5 years. Tastes great
Which WE kit was it (selection)

Not bad.
If you ck out both of our approved sponsors / stores you will see many more and better wine kits. Just a FYI..

If you change the way you make it and it doesn't clear correctly , will you take it back to where you bought it and ask for a replacement? WE kits clear the way you buy them. Not sure why you would change? If it doesnt take it back, then again buy the RJ Spagnal kit.
I cant seem to make this sound not like an a$$ hole but I have retyped it 3 times, some please just know I am not trying to be a butt

I personally dont use the fining agent that W.E. kits supply as they have failed me too many times. I only use SuperKleer when using a fining agent which is the same thing RJS uses. Just so you kn ow if you wanted to you can buy these 2 ingredients seperately in 1 liter jugs and save more money and be set for quite some time.

I personally dont use the fining agent that W.E. kits supply as they have failed me too many times. I only use SuperKleer when using a fining agent which is the same thing RJS uses. Just so you kn ow if you wanted to you can buy these 2 ingredients seperately in 1 liter jugs and save more money and be set for quite some time.

Thanks for the response. I have not used any other than the SuperKleer and always had good luck, both with kits and fresh. That is why I wanted to use it. I have read here and other places the clearing agent with the WE kits depends on having a lot of sediment mixed up in the wine before it will work good. Just did no make sense to leave extra stuff just to settle out later.

Back