Juice pails at Midwest Supply/Northern Brewer when online only

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jovimaple

Kaptin Winemaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to Midwest Supplies last weekend to take advantage of their "closing the storefront" sale, and I asked about juice pails. It sounds like they are still planning to sell them, but just not this fall due to the effort involved to close the stores and transition to online sales only.

The employee thought the pickup location would be the current Northern Brewer location in Roseville, since that is where their online inventory is kept.

Not sure what this means for the Milwaukee location, although I never saw any indication that juice pails could be picked up there anyway; maybe it was only an option in the Twin Cities.

I was wondering if they would have a sale, or just move everything to the warehouse. I figured that they just moved it all since I didn't get an email about a sale. How were the prices?

They were 35% off last week but now 40% off.

Weird that you haven't gotten emails. I have been getting a bunch from both Midwest Supplies and Northern Brewer. Maybe sign up again?

I keep telling myself that with FWK and so many other on-line resources, I won’t miss the Midwest storefront, but who am I kidding? It has been nice to have Midwest less than 10 miles away. Probably would have never started this hobby or made it long enough to find WMT without them. Seems like just yesterday they were bought by InBev…times change.

And still, we make wine. 😎

I keep telling myself that with FWK and so many other on-line resources, I won’t miss the Midwest storefront, but who am I kidding? It has been nice to have Midwest less than 10 miles away. Probably would have never started this hobby or made it long enough to find WMT without them. Seems like just yesterday they were bought by InBev…times change.

And still, we make wine. 😎
If businesses went all online I would quit I don’t buy anything online it’s all in person at locations commercial wineries can’t afford to buy online and wait for it, if we need it we need it now and we don’t care if it costs more.

I’ve been seeing a massive expansion of mom and pop shops out here feels like a new one every month.
That may depend on the area. My area is down to 3 shops in a metropolitan area of ~2 million people. This is down from 7 a few years ago. I've seen shops come-n-go in the 3 decades I've lived here.

That may depend on the area. My area is down to 3 shops in a metropolitan area of ~2 million people. This is down from 7 a few years ago. I've seen shops come-n-go in the 3 decades I've lived here.
That is true, I’ve just generally seen things grow or remain stable in my state in regards to home brew and wine equipment stores. High demand here.

Latest posts

Back